Enterprising software engineer with a penchant for pragmatic solutions to complex problems. — I strive in teams with collaborative engineering cultures and meaningful cross-functional participation.
Software Engineer at Google, 2020-04 to present, NYC & London
Privacy & Security Research.
Web Engineer at N26, 2018-01 to 2020-03, Berlin & NYC
Isomorphic React, GraphQL, & Node.js powering the webapp of a unicorn fintech bank.
- Led web development of key features across the stack
- Mentored junior & mid-level engineers, proactively took charge of team processes
- Reduced errors in prod by 30% via deterministic script loading
- Sped up time-to-first-meaningful-paint by 20% via improved server-side rendering
- Improved time-to-interactive by 1.4s with code splitting
- Doubled font loading speed via range-splitting & preloading
Lead Engineer at Language Academy, 2016-08 to 2017-12, Berlin
- Led development of the web platform
- Achieved a 63% faster time-to-interactive than competiting platforms
- Accomplished a 10% visitor-to-subscriber rate on marketing pages
Web Developer & Design Researcher at Clue, 2015-10 to 2016-08, Berlin
- Rebuilt the self-service support website, increasing usage by 20%
- Created & implemented company-wide processes for user research
- Humboldt University Berlin, 2013-10 to 2016-03
- Google Developer Expert for Web Technologies, 2019-03 to 2020-02